- Name: Craig Steven Wright
- AKA: Fake Satoshi/Faktoshi
- DOB: October 1970
- Profession: Australian computer scientist and businessman.
- Claim to Fame: He has publicly identified himself as the identity behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Claim to fame 2: He is the founder of the recent fork of Bitcoin cash. (BCH SV – Bitcoin Cash Satoshi’s Vision).
- Evidence to support the above claim: On 2 May 2016, The BBC and The Economist published articles claiming that Craig had digitally signed messages using cryptographic keys created during the early days of bitcoin’s development. The keys are inextricably linked to blocks of bitcoins known to have been created or “mined” by Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Controversy : Wright had promised to give “extraordinary proof to an extraordinary claim.” There isn’t any verifiable evidence that he wrote the original Satoshi whitepaper. There is no evidenced collaboration with early developers and he is unable to provide the original Satoshi Nakamoto GPG private key, the one piece of evidence which would prove his claim.
The Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork Controversy
- On November 15th, Bitcoin Cash underwent its second scheduled protocol upgrade. However, a competing proposal emerged that was not compatible with the original roadmap and caused the BCH community to be split into three fractions: Bitcoin ABC, Bitcoin Unlimited, and Bitcoin SV.Bitcoin ABC which resulted in a mining war
- ABC is led by Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com.
- Bitcoin ABC is also backed and represented by Binance, Coinbase, and Bitmain.
- Bitcoin SV, or Satoshi’s Vision, was founded by Craig Wright, AKA Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Bitcoin SV seeks to increase the block size of BCH from 32MB to a max of 128MB in order to increase the network’s capacity and scale.
- The hard fork caused the entire crypto market to fall by nearly $100 billion dollars in just a week. Bitcoin dropped by 40% in just 7 days
- Craig Wright threatened to crash the price of ‘his’ headline cryptocurrency if miners support the Bitcoin Cash ABC project in the upcoming fork.
- Craig Wright told Roger Ver in a now publicly revealed email that he will send the price of Bitcoin Cash down to zero for two years.
- “Welcome to bankruptcy,” Wright told Ver before adding: “You are my enemy. You have f****** no idea what that means.”
- “I AM Satoshi. Have a nice life,” said Wright who Vitalik Buterin has called “a fraud.” Closing with: “F*** You, Craig.”
Above: Vitalik has called Craig Wright a fraud.
- If Craig Wright is the real Satoshi he would have access to 1 million mined Bitcoins…which could mean he could crash the market at will and send the market to zero thereby bankrupting the entire crypto space.
- Roger Ver is rumoured to at one point owned 220,000 bitcoins
Above: Roger Ver
Hate Rating: 9.5
- I would give Craig right a hate-rating of 9.5 with an upgrade to 10 if he crashes bitcoin to zero!
- All in all, he has all the right/wrong qualities to be number 1 in the ‘Crypto Most Hated’ Hall of Fame.
- Whether you love him or hate him, you can’t ignore Craig Wright. AKA FakeToshi. AKA the real Satoshi????????
Nouvive: Home of Crypto Beginners, Traders & Investors. Nouvive provides Cryptocurrency trading news, Analysis and indicators for beginners, traders and investors.
Information on these pages contain speculative statements that involves risks and uncertainties. Crypto-Assets profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell. Nouvive does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors or material misstatements. It does also not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Crypto-Assets involve risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing or trading are your responsibility alone. For more information, please view the Risk Warning Below.